Terms and Conditions
Updated December 2018
We understand that it’s not easy for parents to leave their children in other people’s care. Here at the YMCA we are all about Strong Kids, Strong Families and Strong Communities, therefore we take the rights, safety and wellbeing of all the children in our care seriously, providing a fun, educational and caring environment that children love to be a part of. YMCA delivers all services in accordance with our values of Caring, Respect, Responsibility and Honesty.
To help us deliver the services in this way, we ask that you please take a moment to read the following terms and conditions carefully:
YMCA North is proudly New Zealand’s first Safeguarding Accredited organisation. The Australian Childhood Foundation (ACF) has accredited our safeguarding culture including our safeguarding policies and ways of working.
- Some Y programmes, outside of those requiring sector ratio requirements, may on limited occasions require staff working to a single staff model with groups of children. All staff are recruited under Safer Recruitment processes, undertake YMCA mandatory Safeguarding Training and staff operating to this model will also have this practice as a recognised element of their Position Description.
- For more information about Safeguarding visit ymcaauckland.org.nz/safeguarding
Payment of Fees
- By enrolling in an OSCAR Programme you accept that you are responsible for all fees payable to YMCA in respect to the child in your care.
Before School Care & After School Care
- Bookings will be invoiced on Thursday two (2) weeks before your child’s attendance at our programme and payment is due on the Thursday the week before.
- If you wish to take an extended absence for more than a week, and you would like to hold your child’s place in the programme, you will be charged $5 for each session normally attended per child. Please provide us written notification two (2) weeks in advance.
- We require two (2) weeks’ notice in writing via email or letter to cancel your child’s/children’s enrolment entirely from the programme.
- Public holidays will be charged for.
- Payment for holiday programme is required at time of booking.
- Changes or cancellations can be made up until the Friday before the school holidays begins.
- Once the programme has commenced there are no refunds for cancellations. Your fees are still payable if your child/children do not attend.
- Please provide your child/children with shoes, suitable clothing for the activities advertised, sunscreen, sunhat, raincoat, sufficient lunch and drink for each day.
- If your child has additional needs, please see the centre manager to discuss whether this programme is right for them. While we are an inclusive programme we do not have the facilities to provide one on one care. Likewise if a child is unwell they should stay home rather than come to us.
- Where medical conditions or dietary intolerances have been medically diagnosed please ensure that medical information is completed and accompanied with the relevant treatment plan from the medical practitioner.
- Please ensure any changes to your contact details or information about your child is updated through the Parent Portal – it is important that communication is regular and up to date, and it is your responsibility to clearly inform us of any potential issues. YMCA will take practical steps to help ensure the info is kept up to date.
- Each day your child attends one of our centres, you are deemed to have repeated the information you provided in your Aimy Plus application and in the Parent Portal, and you warrant that it is up to date and remains correct. YMCA will take practical steps to help ensure the info is kept up to date.
- If your child will not be attending on a day when they are booked, please tell us at the earliest opportunity.
- We take due care with children’s belongings but accept no responsibility for lost or misplaced items. Please name your children’s belongings so any items left behind may be returned. All lost property will be held for 2 weeks after the programme before being donated to charity.
- Please note that the YMCA reserves the right to change scheduled activities without notice where circumstances beyond our control prevent them from being delivered.
- YMCA programmes are sunsmart programmes and sunscreen will be applied during September – April unless otherwise specified by the parent. If your child requires a specific sunscreen please provide a named bottle.
- Please notify the programme if your child will not be attending, otherwise a search fee will be charged to your account.
- Bookings are essential in all of our programmes, and are made through the Aimy Plus Parent Portal.
- YMCA has a suite of accredited child protection policies and procedures. All are available via our website and in hard copies within our Centres.
- Should YMCA have any concerns, receive any disclosures relating to the wellbeing or safety of any child/young person (or associated community member), YMCA are required to share this information, along with any known child data to child protection services. This may include Oranga Tamariki (formerly known as Child, Youth and Family) and/or NZ Police.
- YMCA aims to be open and honest with parents/carers around any concerns and offer support where possible. However, YMCA are not able inform parents/carers of our reporting concerns, if to do so could:
Term and Conditions for Photo Tag
- Aimy Plus provides the YMCA with the ability to take photos and upload them to your parent portal. Images taken will only be used on the Aimy Plus Parent Portal and will not be used in our printed and online publicity. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to allow us to upload photos and tag your child. Without permission photos will not be taken.
- As a Ministry of Social Development approved provider, parents who are eligible may apply for the Out of School Care and Recreation (OSCAR) Subsidy from Work and Income. For more information, or to see if you are eligible please refer to the Work and Income website.
- To apply for the OSCAR subsidy through Work and Income you will need to bring your application form in to the centre for our staff to complete the relevant section. Application forms must be submitted to Work and Income within 20 working days of the start of the term/holiday programme to ensure the subsidy begins on time. It is your responsibility to ensure the forms are accurate and submitted to Work and Income.
- Please note that you are ultimately responsible for all fees. The subsidy may not cover all fees, and any remaining fees will be charged to the parent. Please see their website to view subsidy amounts.
- You are ultimately responsible for all fees payable.
- Your child’s access to our programmes may be withdrawn if your account is not kept up to date. We will contact you via the email you provided during the sign up process.
- Overdue amounts may be referred to a debt collection agency. Any expenses, disbursements and legal costs incurred by YMCA in the enforcement of any rights contained in this contract shall be paid by the parent/caregiver, including any solicitor’s fees and/or debt collection agency fees.
- All absences are charged at the hours you have booked in for during the enrolment process for Before and After School care, and Holiday Programmes.
- For Before and After School Care, if you have collected your child from school early or they will be away please phone or text the centre two (2) hours before the start of the programme (5:30am/1pm). Failure to contact the centre two (2) hours prior to the star of the programme will incur an additional charge of $4 per absence.
- For 24 hours or less notification of absence from a session, the full fee will be charged.
- For cancellation of one or more sessions, notified between 24hours and 1 week, the full fee will be charged.
- Cancellation of one or more sessions with at least one (1) weeks’ notice will have no charge.
- While our staff have current first aid certificates, we do not have the facilities to look after sick children. If your child appears unwell we will phone you or your emergency contacts and request that your child is collected as soon as possible.
- In the instance of an accident or illness requiring emergency treatment, we will contact you immediately (or those listed as emergency contacts if you are unavailable). Where we are unable to contact you or the emergency contact the team member in charge will proceed to assist your child as deemed appropriate.
- If we are required to arrange any urgent medical treatment, you will be required to reimburse any costs incurred.
- All accidents and incidents are recorded and require parent sign off when you collect your child.
Sign in/out and Late Pick-Up Fees
- All children must be signed in and out of the programme at the time of drop-off and collection.
- Only those parents/carers identified during the enrolment process will be permitted to collect the child from the programme. Any person collecting a child may be asked to show photo ID at any stage, please ensure all authorised pickups are aware of this.
- Please ensure you complete the Authorised/Unauthorised pickups section in Aimy Plus. Children will not be released to any person not named on the enrolment form without prior consent.
- If you have any custody agreements in place regarding non access to your child please provide relevant documentation and a current photo of the unauthorised person for easy identification for the staff.
- Parents/Caregivers are liable for late fees at a rate of $2 per minute for collecting your children after the booking time. Late fees are invoiced separately from the main booking fees.
- If you have not collected your child by the end of the programme, and we cannot reach you, we will phone the child’s emergency contact and request that the child be collected immediately. Please ensure your emergency contacts are aware of their responsibilities.
Transportation of your child
- Before and After School Care programmes: By enrolling in a programme which offer drop off / pick up from your child’s/children’s school you agree to allow us to transport your child in a YMCA vehicle or Taxi.
- Holiday Programmes: By enrolling in an excursion (off-site) holiday programme you agree to allow us to transport your child by bus or YMCA Vehicle.
- No private vehicles will be used.
- YMCA has detailed and well-structured behaviour management strategies and processes in place, reflecting our safeguarding code of conduct and requirements. These are available to view in centre.
- Should any behaviour displayed present a considerable immediate and/or significant risk to the child, other children, staff and/or property, YMCA may request immediate collection of the child and review ongoing placement within the YMCA service/programme.
- If you have questions/concerns please talk to our staff on site or at your local YMCA.
- We encourage feedback about any aspect of our programmes and services.
- All of our programmes are approved by the Ministry of Social Development and meet the requirements in the Level 3 Social Sector Accreditation Standards, and the MSD Specialist Accreditation Standard: Out of School Care and Recreation (OSCAR) Programmes. These can be viewed on the MSD website.
- The collection of information in the enrolment process is for the effective delivery of our services. Customers under the age of 18 may have their data shared with Oranga Tamariki and this data is managed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
Liability and indemnity
- To the extent permissible in law, YMCA shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any type, or physical injury arising from YMCA programmes.
- To the extent that YMCA is liable to the customer for any reason, its liability is limited to a maximum amount equal to the value of fees payable by the customer in any 12 month period.
- The customer shall be responsible for any malicious damage they cause to equipment of the facilities used in delivering YMCA’s programmes.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to have the effect of limiting or reducing the customer’s rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or the Fair Trading Act 1986, to the extent they may apply.